Sunday, February 12, 2012
Mean Mommy
Sometimes I just feel like I am a mean mommy. That I I do all day long is say no! no! no! or if you do that you will get hurt, oh then she does it any way and falls or gets hurt and I don't feel bad because I told her two seconds before not to. I am sick of reading stories to myself before Abby's bed time because she is too busy ignoring me or doing something she shouldn't be doing! The last two weeks she has just had this attitude. I can't stand it. When we ask her to so something she just yells in this loud high voice NO! I don't know what to do. It doesn't matter what I say the answer is no. I bet if I asked her if she would eat a piece of candy she would yell NO! at first then it would process and she would say yes. Last week I got so frustrated with her and told her she couldn't go to the birthday party that night if she didn't take a nap and she looked and me and side fine, I don't want to go! I finally took all her favorite stuffed animals away and that did the trick. Any suggestions? Just had to vent! As you can tell it was a long day. Poor Stu has to listen to me cry and wine all the time (and deal with little miss attitude too.) Anyone else feel like they are a mean mommy or is it just ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Those are very normal things to go through! Sometimes it's good to vent. :) She's going through a stage and will test your boundaries... it gets super hard and frustrating. But the main thing to remember is be matter-of-fact (not emotional) and use distraction to sway her from misbehavior. Try not to give attention for misbehavior, and it's good to have consequences like losing a toy. Also, as mommy, try not to say "no" every time; re-word your responses to focus on what she can do and can have instead.
Funny, it's not that I'm really good at this stuff; I am just always learning parenting tactics. And I've been through this stage before...! Good luck.
Oh I hear ya. Brooke is a real three year old lately. It's ver hard. If you figure out how to tame it let me know!
Post a Comment