Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Abby was so excited to get her big girl bed.  When Macy's delivered the mattress I asked them to just leave it in the hall and she was not okay with that.  She made them take it to her room. I walked the delivers guys back upstairs and when I came down she was snuggled on the mattress with her blanket and binky.  So far she has had no problems transitioning from her crib to the bed.  She took a nap in it yesterday and slept fine in it last night.  Hopefully tonight will go great too.  I had to take this picture when she was upstairs because she doesn't like the duvet on it.  I don't know why, but she like to lay on top of both sheet and have the duvet fold on the bottom.  Then she just sleeps with her blanket over her just like she did in her crib.  I can't make it at all, when I tried to put the decorative pillows on she came in and took them all off.  She is very opinionated if you can't tell.  I love her bedding.  It is all Pottery Barn bedding I found at DownEast.  Gotta love that store. I am so glad she loves her bed.  When Stu got home last night she was so excited to take him to see her big girl bed.  She had to show Grandma and Grandpa too.  She even showed me a couple more times today.  I found her through out the day today just laying on her bed under her blanket with her binks.

Notice the green thing in the corner.  It is the bottom of the mobile the was on her crib.  We took off the mobile park when she was like 6 months old, but she loved the music box part.  She listens to it every night, so I had to find a place to put it so she could turn it on and off.  Too bad Sam will not get to enjoy the mobile.  It was pretty cute.


One day we will get her a headboard, but as for now this works just great.



No comments: