Friday, January 13, 2012

Sam's 4 Month Check Up

Sam had his four month check up today!  He is getting so big too fast.  I grabbed this outfit this morning because nothing was clean thinking it will be too big because it was a 12 month romper, but it fit perfect.  I had to take Abby with me to the appointment so it didn't run as smoothly as the last one but Dr. Gustin says he is grown just fine and that he is such a big boy!  When she was examining him she said, "Wow, what a sweet little spirit, is just the best little baby."  Either she says that to everyone or she has seen a lot of kids and can tell that Sam is a really easy going little guy.  He was just as happy as could be then they had to give him two shots and an oral vaccine and it made him so sad he just zonked out the second we walked in the door.  Abby was a hand full at the appoint me, but I had to laugh because we always play pretend doctor and in one of her books the elephant gets a scrape and had to see the doctor.. well Abby had a scrape on her knee and as soon as Dr. Gustin walked in Abby slowly started pulling up her pant leg and started quietly pointing at her scrape.  Dr. Gustin was so sweet and acknowledged what she was doing and took a look at it and told her it was almost better.  Abby replied, "No it's not better!"

Length- 26.77 inches (96 percentile)
Weight- 17.53 pounds (92 percentile)
Head circumference- 17.1 inches (83 percentile)





Sam tried his first real food tonight.  I think his face tells all.

Mmmm! Squash!
Sam is just such a happy little guy.  He will lay under his "jungle" little gym for hours at a time I swear.  The only time he ever fusses is when he is tired or hungry...or get startled (which happens frequently).  He loves it when you look at him and say Samurai Sam or boo, he will just giggle! He is so ticklish, his belly, neck, arm pits, feet, back.  I loved to hear him giggle so he gets tickled a lot.  He loves to sleep in his swing, unlike Abby, and does NOT like to be in the saucer, unlike Abby.  From 4 months on Abby lived in the saucer.  Sam would rather just lay on the ground especially in his jungle.  He hates tummy time.  I think he might almost be rolling if he would do more tummy time.  Dr. Gustin tried it out and she said he is definitely strong enough.  He is doing great at sleeping through the night!  Most nights he sleeps from 6:30ish to between 9:30 and 11:30.  Then we feed him and put him in his bed and he usually sleeps until between 6 and 8.  Last night he slept from 9:30 until 6:30.  It was heavenly!  He is laying in his jungle right now just talking away and spitting.  I just love to listen to him.  On Sunday in Relief Society he and Jade Tullis were spitting back and forth at each other from across the isle.  It was so funny.  They were so noise.  During the closing remarks the woman, I don't remember who it was said, "and we are so thankful to have these little ones in our ward."  Ya...are they really thankful?  ( ;  What else can I say about Sammers- we call him mister stiff!  He is always stiff, he will not sit, he likes to stand very straight. Sometimes it is so hard to hold him because he does not bend.  I just love to snuggle him.  We love him to pieces!

1 comment:

Holly said...

It was super cute watching the two of them in Relief Society. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has a noisy kid and ends up in the hallways most of the time. So glad you're there!