Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dance Class

Isn't she so cute in her dance outfit.


Well, we went to Abby's first dance class last week and it did not go very well. She was excited to go. The whole way there she told us how she was going to go to dance class with other little girls and dance. We got there and she timidly walked into the room and stood there for a few minutes. Then she started doing her own form of interpretive dance - who needs a dance class. Then she sat down next to the teacher and I was so excited that it was going well. She was such a big girl. Then the teacher had them stand up and hold hands, there were only three other girls in the class, one of which was screaming in the hall and would not go in, the other two were twins and they were three years old if not getting close to four. Abby tried to hold one of the little girls hands and she pulled her hand away so Abby kind of stood there for a minute then then teacher told them to hold Abby's hands. They started marching in a circle and the two other girls could follow all the directions that the teacher was telling them, they were obviously older than Abby. It seemed like Abby just could not figure quite what to do and the teacher was not helping her at all. She just kept right on going. Abby looked at me and my mom through the window with a very scared face like she was going to cry then she turned around and tried again, but after a few more minutes of being lost she just stopped and started crying. I felt so bad. It seemed like she figured out that the other girls new what to do, but she didn't. She came running to me and said that she was never going to dance again. She was pretty dramatic. It took her awhile to calm down. I think it traumatized her. I felt like a mean mom for making her go. I am definitely pregnant went LaFaunda came home and I was telling her the story I just broke down into tears.
I withdrew her from that studio, I was not a fan of the teacher and I new it would be a battle to get her there every week if she hated it that bad. I found a studio that is closer and my old Ballet teacher's the Chatterton's own it and teach there. So we are going to go try a Mommy and Me class together and see if that goes a little better.

2 comments:

Laura said...

The Chatterton's are back and have a studio? What is it called?

Nicole said...

Oh no! Sorry it didn't go as planned :( I'm impressed you are starting her so early! Hopefully the other one goes better!