We spent the third week of July in Lake Powell and it was a lot hotter than our first trip the month before. Abby just loves to be there. She loves to be on the boat and the houseboat. The drive down was great. Abby did so well. She talked to us and sang for the first hour or so then we turned on the DVD player and she watched TV the whole rest of the way. Heaven forbid she take a nap. She was really good. The drive wasn't to bad for me either. My back survived. I was quite nervous to be in the car for 6 hours, I can't even sit through church. Abby was so excited to be there. We got on the houseboat and I asked her where her room was and she ran down stairs to where she slept last time and said "dis my room." She was just so excited to be there. We took the port-a-crib with us again on this trip even though Abby did learn how to crawl out of it last time. She slept in it the first night great. We were in the slip so the air conditioner was on all night so it was nice an cool, but the second night it was extremely hot!!! I had sweat just running down my face. It was a long night. Abby was up most of the night, I couldn't sleep anyway. After that night I was done. So the next night we decided to try sleeping on top of the houseboat with her. To our surprise she fell asleep just fine and slept through the night. It was so much cooler up there than inside the houseboat. I think Abby thought it was pretty cool to sleep outside with mommy and daddy and all of her cousins and not in a crib. The third day after my long night with Abby, Stu and everyone else but Mark and I went to see Rainbow Bridge. It was a great day for me I got to read and relax. Ahhhh! Abby still talks about it. Abby loved to watch Sienna and Gretchen wake board and all the other kids tube. When they would finish Abby would want them to go again, until she would fall asleep. It was really nice that she would just fall asleep in the speed boat. The only way to get her to take a nap down there was to take her for a ride. Abby loved having her cousins there all the time. She liked to play on the beach and sometimes with a little coaxing she would go swimming with us. She was kind of afraid of the water sometimes. Especially if the water was dirty at all. She didn't like (poopy) water. Other times she would just jump right in. One night we were all swimming behind the houseboat and she just jumped right off the back into the water. Guess it just depended on her mood. I think we were all ready to come home and get out of the heat by the end of the trip but we had a great time. We went boating a couple days ago at Echo Reservoir and Abby thought we were at Lake Powell. She was once again so excited to get on the boat.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Lake Powell 2011 - Trip 2
We spent the third week of July in Lake Powell and it was a lot hotter than our first trip the month before. Abby just loves to be there. She loves to be on the boat and the houseboat. The drive down was great. Abby did so well. She talked to us and sang for the first hour or so then we turned on the DVD player and she watched TV the whole rest of the way. Heaven forbid she take a nap. She was really good. The drive wasn't to bad for me either. My back survived. I was quite nervous to be in the car for 6 hours, I can't even sit through church. Abby was so excited to be there. We got on the houseboat and I asked her where her room was and she ran down stairs to where she slept last time and said "dis my room." She was just so excited to be there. We took the port-a-crib with us again on this trip even though Abby did learn how to crawl out of it last time. She slept in it the first night great. We were in the slip so the air conditioner was on all night so it was nice an cool, but the second night it was extremely hot!!! I had sweat just running down my face. It was a long night. Abby was up most of the night, I couldn't sleep anyway. After that night I was done. So the next night we decided to try sleeping on top of the houseboat with her. To our surprise she fell asleep just fine and slept through the night. It was so much cooler up there than inside the houseboat. I think Abby thought it was pretty cool to sleep outside with mommy and daddy and all of her cousins and not in a crib. The third day after my long night with Abby, Stu and everyone else but Mark and I went to see Rainbow Bridge. It was a great day for me I got to read and relax. Ahhhh! Abby still talks about it. Abby loved to watch Sienna and Gretchen wake board and all the other kids tube. When they would finish Abby would want them to go again, until she would fall asleep. It was really nice that she would just fall asleep in the speed boat. The only way to get her to take a nap down there was to take her for a ride. Abby loved having her cousins there all the time. She liked to play on the beach and sometimes with a little coaxing she would go swimming with us. She was kind of afraid of the water sometimes. Especially if the water was dirty at all. She didn't like (poopy) water. Other times she would just jump right in. One night we were all swimming behind the houseboat and she just jumped right off the back into the water. Guess it just depended on her mood. I think we were all ready to come home and get out of the heat by the end of the trip but we had a great time. We went boating a couple days ago at Echo Reservoir and Abby thought we were at Lake Powell. She was once again so excited to get on the boat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment