Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!


Valentine's Day has always been an over rated holiday in my mind, but it is always fun to have a reason to celebrate something. This year Stu and I didn't get anything for each other because we really don't have the money. We figure down the road a few years we will do gifts and flowers and all that stuff. We did get Abby a little present though, and she was very excited to open it! We had our usual morning, then Stu headed off to school and Abby and I hung around the house. Abby wouldn't take a nap, the little poop, so I really didn't get much done. Stu came home and we headed off to dinner. Once again we are to cheep to go somewhere we have to leave a tip, and we really didn't want to wait for a table so we went to Greek Slovakia. It is one of our favorite places to eat. Abby was so naughty at dinner. Usually she loves eating there, but not last night. She would not sit down, ate a half of chicken nugget, and wanted to play in all of our drinks, then just wanted to get down and stood at the door banging on it while we finished. It was very romantic! Then we came home got her in bed and Stu took the night off from studying so we could watch a movie. I got to choose the movie, so of course it was a chick flick. I choose Life As We Know it. It was a cute movie, but some off the part hit a little too close to home. For example, when the guy in it was watching what he wanted to watch on TV and the one year old wouldn't stop crying until he turned on Wonder Pet or the Wiggles. We just laughed. It wasn't the best movie to watch to get away from life with a one year old. Then about half way through the movie Abby started screaming. She rarely wakes up at night these days, but of course one of the days we want to try and have little bit of a romantic evening together we ended up watching Baby Einstein all together on our bedroom floor. She finally went back to bed forty-five minutes later and we got to finish our movie. Not that Stu and I used to have the most romantic Valentine's Days, but things are definitely more exciting when you add kids.


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Haha, it actually sounds more romantic than our Valentine's day, which I realize is saying something. Life as we know it, right :)

Jodi said...

I can relate all to well:) Thanks for making my day, I had a good laugh;)