Monday, July 12, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

She started screaming when she saw this on her hand. Stu and I couldn't stop laughing at her reaction.
Daddy loves!
I never thought I would see one of these on my own kids door.

All of her Grandparents came to visit!

This is when she started to feel better... right before surgery. (Of Course)
One of our many wagon rides.
Just making herself at home.
Yea she is eating!

Here is the lasted news in our life... On Saturday night we brought Abby up to Primary Children Medical Center to have an abscess on her leg looked at. We had taken her to the pediatrician a couple times, they had tried to drain it, but it was getting worse and spreading fast. She had also been very lethargic all day long, would not eat anything and would throw up any time we tried to give her any kind of medicine. When we got to the hospital she had a temperature of 101 and we could tell she was in a lot of pain. They checked her out, hooked her up to IV fluids and an antibiotic. They decided to keep her over night to monitor her. Around 2:30 a.m. they moved us to a room out of the ER. I stayed with her, there wasn't enough room for Stu and I. All I have to say is it was a long night. Abby was awakened at 5 and wouldn't stop screaming poor Stu got 6 am phone call from a very frazzled mommy and a very tired and angry baby. That morning the abscess was getting better the redness had gone down and we were hoping to go home. Of course that would be too easy. The abscess started to spread again and she still had a fever of 101 so they admitted her. We spent the day at PCMC. Poor Abby hates it here. I don't blame her. Every time we get her down for a nap they have to come in and check her vitals or give her meds. No one is getting any sleep. Around 7 pm that evening after talking to a Doc, resident and a Med student they decided surgery to drain it was the best thing. We had to keep Abby NPO for the rest of the night which wasn't too had since she wasn't eating much any ways. They took her into surgery about midnight and it only lasted about 20 min. Just enough time for my mom and I to go to the cafeteria and buy a whole load of junk (nervous eaters, he he). We got to our new room on Infant Med/Surg around 1 am and Abby was hysterical. We had to get a height and weight before they could give her any pain meds. I sent my mom and Stu home and we finally got to bed around 3am. Then once again at 5 am the doc come in to look at her leg and she freaked out then we had to draw blood and Abby just screamed at the top of her lungs for a good hour or two. Then they gave her two different pain med and she drifted off to sleep. The nurse hung a big sign on the door that said DO NOT ENTER, so we could get some sleep. Her leg is looking so much better. She has been a lot happier today, that is as long as she is in a wagon being pulled around the hospital. She hates all nurses and doctors, except for her pediatrician that stopped by. She spent a few hours will her daddy today while I went home and took and nap and showered. Stu is the master at putting her to sleep. She loves her daddy. She started eating a little more today but still not what she used to eat. Grandma Lafaunda came up today and took her for a ride in the wagon. They ended up hanging out in a little nook because Abby fell asleep. Then later Grandma Jo and Grandpa Ron came to visit and Aunt Emily, Addie, Hallie and Josh. They brought her a book, a little toy, and a BALLOON! We love balloons. She has a really hard time going to sleep she just wants to be held. Poor little thing. Well it is 2:05 am and I really need to tried to go to sleep once again. There will be more up dates and pictures later.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

So sorry Abby is sick and you guys are having such a rough time. That is such a tough age to be in the hospital. Maybe it is a good thing I am on maternity leave and not there or she might hate me forevermore too. Hang in there!

Becky said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Lori Wyatt said...

oh poor little lady! I hope she gets better soon!