Sunday, May 30, 2010

Diaper Changes!

I dread changing Abby's diapers. Not because they are gross, because the second I lay her down she flips over and crawls away. She loves to be naked! She won't hold still for longer than one second. I undo her diaper and I have to be very careful that the poop doesn't go flying when she quickly rolls over. Trying to put a diaper on while she is crawling or standing can be very difficult. I don't understand why she can't just lay there for one minute, that is all it would take if she would hold still, but instead it take at least five minutes of me chasing her or me being a mean mom and putting my legs on her arms so she can't roll. Then she gets really mad!
Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh...get used to it! Brooke still hates getting her diaper changed. I try and bribe her with a book or toy. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Natalie said...

Hailey does the same thing! The minute the diaper is off she flips over and tries to get away. The only thing I have found helpful is to give her a toy to distract her or throw something over her face and play peek-a-boo. Sometimes that can do the trick.

Twinmomwv said...

When all of my kids reached this stage I would pin their legs down with mine while I got them cleaned up. Then I would let one leg up at a time to put the new diaper down. Good luck! This too shall pass.