Over President's Day Weekend we took Abby to Safford, Arizona to meet her Great Grandma LaDonna. We flew down on Saturday and met Stu's parents, Michele, Dan and family and Chame, Jon and their family. It was nice to have weather in the 60's. I would have preferred the 80's but at least we didn't have to wear coats. We spent lots of time at grandma's house playing games and listening to stories. We ate at Casa Manana a couple of times (a Mexican food restaurant that the Curtis' love) and enjoyed a late night run to Denny's for a shake and Dairy Queen. I have decided next time I go on vacation I am getting Abby her own room! She hasn't slept in the same room as Stu and I since she was weeks old and while we were in AZ she would wake up multiple times in the night and talk to herself then go back to sleep. Every time she did this is would wake me up and I would just wait for her to start crying but she never would she would just drift right back to sleep. Also, once Abby went to bed at 9:00 Stu and I could not turn on the TV and we had to be silent so we didn't wake her up. I am selfish, I want my own room! ( :

Benjamin and Abby - Ben is 10 days older than Abby.
Abby playing with her cousins, George, Annie, Josh, Ben, and Charles.
Abby showing us her dance moves! What nice form, she definitely has dancer legs.
Abby and Great Grandma LaDonna
Our Family with Grandma
Abby enjoying Casa Manana. She loves rice and beans, she is definitely a Curtis.
"Uh guys, could you move this bug"
Abby was scared to death of this little ladybug. She would be happily playing until we put this ladybug in front of her then she would throw her hands out and scream until we moved it out of site. It was the funniest thing. She especially did not like the bottom of the ladybug, it kind of looked like a spider. Stu says it from all of the times she has seen me scream when I see a spider!
What a cute door stop.
She loved Mommy and Daddy's bed.
Abby and Daddy in the Tucson Airport getting ready to fly home. Abby did great on the the flight to Arizona and on the flight home she did great too until about twenty minutes before the flight ended then she decided to scratch her eye. She started screaming. There was nothing we could do to calm her. It was so embarrassing. Everyone stared at us probably thinking... can't they shut that kid up. She screamed for about 10 minutes it felt like hours. Finally Stu calmed her down by bouncing her in the most awkward way (for him). His arms and back were probably killing him, but he couldn't stop, we didn't want her to start screaming again. I do miss the days when I could get on a plane and fall asleep, read or listen to my i pod. Those days are long gone. Now I have a cute little squirt who will not hold still and wants to put everything in her mouth (and airplane are so clean) or grab everything including the woman "beehive" hair in front of us. Oh-well! I am just glad it was a very short flight.
Benjamin and Abby - Ben is 10 days older than Abby.
Abby was scared to death of this little ladybug. She would be happily playing until we put this ladybug in front of her then she would throw her hands out and scream until we moved it out of site. It was the funniest thing. She especially did not like the bottom of the ladybug, it kind of looked like a spider. Stu says it from all of the times she has seen me scream when I see a spider!



2 comments:
Fun times. Sorry she had to share your room! At least you didn't have to pick her up because she was crying...! Sorry, trying to make it better!
Oh and plane rides. At least it was at the end. I hate it when that happens and you just know everyone is thinking bad things!
Funny stories. And yes, it's hard to share a room with your child!
Post a Comment