Finally, pictures of Abby! Abby was born on Monday, July 13th at 1:36 a.m. weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and was 21.75 inches long.
Here is the story! Stu and I went into the hospital on Sunday around 5 p.m. to have a fetal non stress test done and to check the amniotic fluid level. She passed the non stress test, but the doctor doing the ultrasound to check the fluid levels, started the ultrasound and said to us, you are not going anywhere, you are going to stay and have a baby. Being 5 days overdue, that was exactly what I wanted to hear. There was very little fluid left. The nurse said they start to worry at fluid levels around 7 cm and I was at 2. So we called the family and told them the news! They started the Potossin around 7 p.m. and then an Epidural a little later, then doctor Grandpa came in and ruptured my membranes. At that point I was only dilated to a 1 so we figured it would be around 7 the next morning before she would arrive. My Mom, Emily and Lafaunda came to visit and left around 10 p.m. Doctor Grandpa decided to stay at the hospital, so he went to the physician sleep room to get some zzz's before the big moment. The nurse checked me shortly after that and I was dilated to a 6, that was really surprising! Then around 1 a.m. I was dilated to a 9 1/2 and I started pushing. Stu called his dad and said, I can see her head, you might want to come over. After 30 minutes of pushing little Abby was born. Everything went very well. Mommy and Baby doing great!
Here is the story! Stu and I went into the hospital on Sunday around 5 p.m. to have a fetal non stress test done and to check the amniotic fluid level. She passed the non stress test, but the doctor doing the ultrasound to check the fluid levels, started the ultrasound and said to us, you are not going anywhere, you are going to stay and have a baby. Being 5 days overdue, that was exactly what I wanted to hear. There was very little fluid left. The nurse said they start to worry at fluid levels around 7 cm and I was at 2. So we called the family and told them the news! They started the Potossin around 7 p.m. and then an Epidural a little later, then doctor Grandpa came in and ruptured my membranes. At that point I was only dilated to a 1 so we figured it would be around 7 the next morning before she would arrive. My Mom, Emily and Lafaunda came to visit and left around 10 p.m. Doctor Grandpa decided to stay at the hospital, so he went to the physician sleep room to get some zzz's before the big moment. The nurse checked me shortly after that and I was dilated to a 6, that was really surprising! Then around 1 a.m. I was dilated to a 9 1/2 and I started pushing. Stu called his dad and said, I can see her head, you might want to come over. After 30 minutes of pushing little Abby was born. Everything went very well. Mommy and Baby doing great!
Doctor Grandpa Mark, and the new family!
Mommy and I right after delivery
My first bath!
I love to stretch my legs out, none of this being all wrapped up!
All my visitors at the hospital!
Grandma JoGrandma Lafaunda
Grandpa Ron
Aunt Michele, cousin Eva and Annie
Aunt Emily and cousin Hallie
Cousin Addie
Aunt Maisy
Dix and Lacey
Cami
Me and Daddy the day we went home!
Me already to go home!
It was such an amazing experience getting to hold my baby for the first time. They asked me if I wanted to hold her skin to skin and of course I did. At first I didn't know what to think because she wouldn't stop crying. It kind of scared me, I kept thinking what have I gotten myself into, but I also just kept thinking how cute she was. Then they took her away for a while finished everything up with me and transferred me to a new room. I was so exhausted and still a little nauseated and I fell right to sleep. I was awakend early the next morning, not by the nurses bringing in my baby, but by my mom calling wanting to know why we didn't call her! I felt bad I should have, but I really was exhausted and I didn't want to wake them at 2 am. The rest of the day went well. Breastfeeding was a little hard at first, but Abby seemed to be doing pretty well. We had lots of visitors as you can see by all the pictures.



27 comments:
Jane she is SO BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and hope you are all adjusting to your new life with Abby! We're coming to Utah in a few weeks so hopefully I can stop by for a bit and meet her!
CONGRATS Jane!! She is gorgeous!! I seriously cannot believe how big she was ... you were TINY!! I want to come and visit soon!!
Jane! She's beautiful! So glad she's finally here....I wondered if that baby was ever going to come when I saw you still pregnant at Cami's farewell. So happy for you both! Post more pictures!! :)
Jane - congratulations!! Abby is absolutely perfect and beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys and that everything went well!!! Hope you're doing well and getting lots and lots of rest! Can't wait to see more pics! :)
Jane, what a gorgeous baby!!! The pictures are so wonderful. I am absolutely thrilled for you and can't wait to meet her in person. Emma is pretty excited too! Looks like the girls are coming now . . . Annie, Lia, Kate, Emma, Abby and soon, Eliza. What girly fun they will have when we all get together!!! Enjoy your sweet baby and take care of yourself as well!! Love you, Erinn
She is DARLING! So pretty, just like her mom! Congrats, I'm glad everything went so well!
She is so beautiful! I am so glad everything went well. You look great:)kl
Jane and stu... She is beautiful!!! Jane you look great too!!!Congrats to you guys and I can't wait to see her and hold her!!!
Jane, She is so adorable! Congratulations! You look great too! I hope things are going well for you.
Congrats! She is gorgeous!!!
So precious! I'll have to call you sometime to come see her! congrats! And i'm jealous of only 30 minutes of pushing!!! Lucky.
Congrats Jane!! What a beautiful baby, you guys make a happy family.
Yeah she is here! She is sooo cute! I am excited to see her. I am glad the delivery went fast and seamless. so so cute!
What a cutie Jane. Enjoy her being so tiny!! I'm glad all went well!
Congrats from all of us at the U. She is precious. WE miss you tons.
She is so cute! Good job Jane! We have a blog too, it's courtandsharee.blogspot.com if you wanna see what we have been up to.
Congrats on being a mommy!!
Congrats! It tears me up that I could not come see you guys! She is darlin! See you as soon as we can possibly make it up!
Congrats!!! She is so beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures--- and to meet her in person!
SO SO darling!! Now you have to update all the time!! She is beautiful and you look great! I looked like a ZOMBIE! haha I am so happy and can't wait to meet her soon!
congratulations Jane and Stuart!!! She is so precious. I'm glad she finally came!
Yay! She really is adorable. So glad she is finally here! Once I kick this cold I have we are coming over to see her! --this is Nicole on my mom's computer!
Sounds like it was a breeze, right? ;) She is such a pretty little thing. And you look great! Congrats, you guys.
Congratulations! She is so cute!
She is adorable!! I can't wait to see your beautiful little family. Congrats!
She's a doll!
She is adorable Jane, Contratulations. Little girls are so much fun!!
Jane she's so beautiful! I'm glad everything went so well for you!
Post a Comment