Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sam's 1 year Appointment

Sam had his 1 year appointment this past Monday the 17th.  Dr. Gustin said he is still a big boy!  He was pretty cute at his appointment.  He is always happy to see Dr. Gustin.  He just sat there and let her listen to his heart and breathing.  Then when she opened up his diaper and did all the checks in the area he just kept giggling.  She couldn't stop laughing too.  She said that his giggle might be the cutest laugh of the day!  He was just so happy then they gave him four shots and he wasn't so happy any more!

Weight: 26.12 lbs (89%)
Height: 31.5 in (92%)
Head Circumference: 19.1 in (95%)

Let see what does Sambo like and do at age 1.  What doesn't Sambo like of do at age 1? Sam is still the happiest little guy ever!  He has the cutest little giggle!  I just want to tickle him all the time just to hear him giggle.  He is such a snuggler!  I love when she will just crawl up to me and snuggle into my chest or he will snuggle with anything soft on the floor, stuffed animals, blankets, towels. I could just snuggle him for hours but it's usually just a quick snuggle then he is off.  Then he might come back for another quick snuggle. Sam is into everything and is ever where.  He can crawl so stinkin' fast!  He loves stairs.  We had to get gates for both sets of stairs and when I forget to put one of the gates up he is gone!  He loves to climb on anything her can! One of his nick names is bam, bam Sam because he likes to "bam" everything!  He is such a boy!  He is a little bugger.  He is always bugging his big sister driving her crazy!  He is getting closes to walking, but why should he learn to walk it will slow him down.  He is always walking with Abby's doll strollers, or shopping cart.  He loves to play in the Little Tikes car.  Lately if he is not on the side of the car with the door, he won't go to the other side he just climbs on in.  A lot of the times he ends up falling or getting stuck, but he is always up for the challenge. He loves to be outside.  The second he hears a door open he goes run crawling.

His poor legs got four shots

Sam loves daddy!  He is such a daddy's boy!

Hates getting his diaper changes so the second I let go he is on the moves trying to get away!

He loves his sister!  He just smiles when she walks in the room and always wants to be by her!
Sam likes to be on a schedule.  I think he put himself on one at like 3 months old.  He I keep trying to try new nap times and switch things up a little, but he like to get up depending on the day around 7:30, 8 then take his 10 am nap and his cat nap around 3 or 4, eat dinner at 5 and go to bed at 6.
Sam LOVES to eat.  I think he could eat ALL the time.  He still loves baby food, but we keep adding things to his diet that he really like... Blueberries are a favorite, strawberries, raspberries, broccoli, is a favorite, rolls, he will eat frozen peas but not cooked.  Abby is the same way she will only eat frozen ones.  The funny thing is, his favorite veggie baby food is peas. I tried spaghetti the other night.  He didn't like the noodles, but he would eat the meat sauce.  He still loves, Mexican rice and beans.  If I pull out the Dino nuggets he starts freaking out, I have to order him his own Happy meal at Mcdonalds now.  He will eat all of his chicken nuggets, the fries, most of the apples and will finish off any chicken nuggets his sister didn't eat.  One day I stopped and got Abby a happy meal on our way home from something and gave Sam one of Abby's apples ti gnaw on until we got home so I could feed him. When we got home I said to her, "Wow Abby!  You are such a good girl you ate all of your chicken nuggets."  She replied, "No I at one and Sam ate three."  That's when I knew I needed to get Sam his own.  I think by far one of his favorite thinks to eat are my breakfast shakes I make every morning.  All they are, are milk, instant breakfast, a banana, flax seed and some ice.  He loves them.  If I'm drinking it while he is eating his breakfast he has to share of have his own cup.  If he is playing and he hears the blender he will come and stand at the cupboard under the blender or at my feet until I give him some.  He is like a little puppy sometimes.
He is starting to communicate a little.  It is so fun! If anyone says bye ore bye, bye he starts waving and every once in a while he will try and say bye, bye.  When we get out a bottle he says, ba, ba.  He has started to point at things he wants.  He will also shake his head if he doesn't want something. He does say ma, ma, and da, da every once in a while.  When he sees a dog he says oof,oof.  I love having my little parrot around.  He was laying with a little tiger and I growled and he growled back.  Today Tonya said Arrrg and he said it back.  I love to hear him say quack, quack.  It sound more like cak, cak. 
Well, I'm tired and I'm going to go to bed so I can function tomorrow!  I know I left out so much, but we just love little Sammy boy and are so glad he is part of our family!


No comments: