Here we go! There are going to be a very long post. I think when I had Abby I was posting everyday, but with a two year old and a new baby there is not quite as much time. Sam was born Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 5:39pm at Riverton Hospital. He weighed 8lbs exactly and was 21 inches long. I am so glad I was induced a week early. He was not a little guy! Labor and deliver went well for all. Stu had school, so I got the royal treatment and my Doctor drove me to the hospital. We arrived there around 9:00am and they started the Oxytocin around 10am. Stu arrived just shortly after that and we watched Thor. Once Thor was almost over I got an Epidural. Then we watched Notting Hill, I didn't watch a lot of it because I was too sick from the epidural (worth it though). At about 5:20 I remember looking at the clock and saying I hope this is all over by 6 and a few minutes later Dr. Grandpa Mark got there and got all set up and I was ready to push. Too contractions later little man made his debut at 5:39pm. It all went so smoothly other than I was Really nauseated four a few hours after. Grandma Jo, Grandpa Ron, Grandma Lafaunda and Abby all came right over to meet little Sam. Abby really didn't care about him the first day. She was more excited to open the present that baby brother Sam had gotten for her. (He gave her a Minnie and Mickey toy and it sure was a hit!) Someone asked Abby if she wanted baby brother Sam to come home with her and she right out said NO! The next day Abby was a little more interested in he brother. She gave him hugs and kisses and shared her toys with him. My time in the hospital was really nice. I missed my little Abby, but it was really nice to relax for a couple days. We came home on my Birthday and had a little party that night. It was a great 28th birthday. I didn't get much sleep that first night. I think I got about 3 hours, but he keeps getting better. Last night he slept for over 5 hours and I had to wake him up because I needed to feed him. He has been a little Jaundice so we have to keep going in and getting his Billirubin tested. It is still climbing so we have an appointment tomorrow and maybe get him in so photo therapy. Other than that he is perfectly healthy no other problems. He is an awesome little nurser. He was a champ from day one. Then nurse at the hospital said that is usually the case with boys they no what to do! It made me laugh. Another funny story... The second night I was in the hospital the nurse told me that she went to check on Sam in the Nursery and could not find him. She walked out and said has anyone seen Sam and the nurse at the front desk said he is over here. My nurse asked if he was being fussy and she nurse at the desk said no he is just so dang cute. It made my day to hear that.
Abby seems to love her little brother. The first thing she said to me when I got her out of bed this morning was, "Where is baby brother Sam?" She loves to ready him his truck book and put toys on him. Today she decided to be a really big helper and poured baby powder all over him. There is a pic at the bottom. This all for now. I am sure there is a whole lot I forgot and there are probably a lot of mistakes I am a little tired I will have to add and fix later.




Touch Down! GO UTAH!
After we got back from getting his billi checked this is how I found his binky! I though it was cute.
Sam covered in Baby powder. Abby was helping change him.
Stretch those legs.



11 comments:
He is so, so darling! Congratulations!!
He is SO CUTE!! Congrats again. I love the pics of Abby with him; she looks so grown up. I'm glad your birthday was nice. I've been thinking of you!
Congrats! He is adorable.
Welcome baby Sam! He is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to meet him. I like his name too:)
Happy belated birthday and congratulations. He is just precious. I hope sleep comes soon!
Congratulations on your newest addition! He is a sweet little guy :)
SO glad to hear everything went SO well!! He is darling. Congrats! I had to laugh beacuse just tonight Johnny was trying to be "helpful" and dumped baby powder on his brother...and carpet! Love it!!
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!! I hope my deliver goes that smoothly...
Jane he is a doll. I'm glad all is well. I miss ya tons!
Your baby is one of the cutest baby boys I have ever seen, he really is adorable! No wonder the nurse wanted him by her! Congrats to you and your family, what an awesome day! I still think that it is so cool that DR. C is your FIL, he has been so great with me through all 3 of my pregancies!
So cute congratulations! I hope it won't be too too long before we see him in person!
Post a Comment