Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Day I Don't Want To Relive

On Thursday I gave everyone a big scare. Around 6:00 am I woke up with some really heavy bleeding. We called Dr. Mark and he said it was normal to have a little heavier bleeding between day 7 and 9. Stu helped me get comfortable thinking that it would probably slow down as the day went on and left for school. About and hour later the bleeding got even heavier and I got more weak and nauseous. Thank goodness Stu had given me my cell phone before her left and I call Lafaunda upstairs and she came down to help me. She called my mom and she came right over. I just kept getting worse. Mark said to bring me right in to see him at Riverton Hospital. My mom called my dad and Lafuanda called Grant and they both came right over. I was able to crawl upstairs then passed out. I don't remember but Grant and my dad lifted me into the car. I think my dad made it to Riverton Hospital in record time. My mom said I looked awful, that I was ghostly white. The guy who got me out of the car said that I was going to end up at Imed and they followed me in with a crash cart. I don't really know all that happened I was really out of it. I do remember being really thirsty and asking if I could have a drink and the nurse told me not until they know if I was going to have to have surgery. I was worried that I might have to have a hysterectomy but at that moment a was so out of it and miserable a just wanted it to all stop. Mark came and saw me and said they would need to do a D & C. They got me up to the OR and put me under. I guess it all went okay in the OR I had to have a couple units of blood. Mark said he had never seen anything quite like it in all his years of practice. He said he had to just hold my uterus to get it to stop bleeding. If it had been any other OB they my have just done a hysterectomy. I am so thankful I had Mark there. He wanted more grandchildren. ( : I remember the first thing I asked when I woke up was if a had a trach. I really meant was I intubated because my throat was so scratchy. Every time I asked the nurse just kept telling me no. It was so much better after the surgery was done. I was really nauseous for hours but once we got that under control with some Phenegran I was able to go home. I am doing well. Still a little light headed and soar but happy to be alive an kicking. Thank you so much everyone who has called and stopped by. It means a lot! A huge thank you to my family and Grant for all the help with my children and for waiting on me. I don't know what I would do with out you all! Thank you Stu for all your help at this busy time for you with finals next week and missing school. It means more to me than you will ever know! You are the best husband!
I swelled up for some reason. Either it was all the fluid they were pumping in to me or the medication I was given, but I looked a little like Sloth from Goonies. This is actually a really good picture I looked even worse earlier. I had little slits for eyes and my lips were even bigger.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jane! I'm so glad you are okay! I want to come meet little Sam!

Christine said...

Oh my word Jane, that is horrible! I am so grateful that Mark was there to take good care of you. What a blessing.

Derek and Sharice said...

Oh man! So glad you are alive, didnt get a hysterectomy and are still amazing! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Wish I could do something for you. Let me know especially with finals coming up, I could watch Abby if you need/want sometime. Happy Late Birthday to you all too. :)

Laura said...

Oh my gosh!! How scary. I am glad that Mark took such good care of you!! I hope you get better soon. Love you Jane!!

NatBug said...

Oh my goodness, so scary about all that happened. You are so blessed to have your FIL as your doctor too and that he knew your desire to have more kids, because your right, any other doctor may have done a hysterectomy! You are truly blessed! Take care and I hope you get well soon!

blair and maisy said...

So scary! Glad you're okay.