Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family Vacation to California

The last week of March first week of April my family all met up in Anaheim, California. We spent three days in Disneyland and one day at Knott's Berry Farm. It was cold, except for the first day. I was going to California to get out of cold Utah, but we still wore our pants and sweatshirts. Stu and I made it on the plane after our long night before in the ER. We flew into long beach and my parents picked us up. The first night we stayed at the Knott's Berry Hotel. I picked it out because with the night stay you got tickets to the park. Well, It was a decent hotel, but I had a bad experience with the front desk person and there were a lot of collage age kids staying there and they were really loud. While we were trying to sleep they kept going in and out of their rooms letting the doors slam shut. I heard security come up at one point. Also we were right by the elevators so all night long I heard "ding", "ding." We had a beautiful view from our room, will post a picture, and last but not leased my sister's sink would fill up with water from someone elses room then drain and fill up again. Knott's Berry Farm was a blast though. I have never been there before other than to eat at the Chicken dinner restaurant. It was nice because the lines were much shorter than Disneyland. I am not a roller coaster fan (they make me sick)but there was this roller coaster called the Jaguar (a really good kids roller coaster) that had no lines we just kept walking on that one. The next three nights we stayed and the Anaheim Marriott. Definitely a lot nicer. We lucked out with the handicapped room so it was huge. Everyone was jealous. One morning on our way out the door to Disneyland the concierge gave Abby a red balloon. I think she would have been just happy playing with that all day long. It was pretty cute. I love Disneyland, but it was busy! Abby loves it too. There was so much going on. No time for naps, maybe a 20-30 minute nap in the stroller. Stroller passes at Disneyland are the best. You an even use them when you have a fastpass. Abby went on all the ride she could go on. One morning we got there right wen the park opened and took Abby on all the Fantasyland rides when there were no lines. Also a great time to collect stroller passes for the day. A funny story about Abby, the whole family was waiting in line for the Storybook Land ride and my mom was holding Abby. She had a little cold and she started blowing snot bubbles out her nose and all her cousins were laughing and pointing. She thought it was great just a smiling loving all the attention. Little did she know they were laughing at her not with her. That's out little "Dumbo experience." I hurried and wiped her nose poor thing. It was pretty funny! We ate at all our favorite restaurants in Disneyland and found a few new favorites. There is a little restaurant on Main street called the Carnation Cafe and we have to eat breakfast there every time we go. It's so yummy! I can't wait to take Abby back when she knows what is going on and is excited to go. The last day before we checked out Abby crashed so Stu and I went down to the pool for a bit then my parents did a little Easter egg hunt for the the grandkids out on a little patch off lawn at the hotel. The kids seemed to enjoy it. We enjoyed it too. Especially because the eggs had money AND candy. If we would have know that we would have help Abby pick up more eggs. HE HE! We had a great time (it was of course a family vacation so there had to be a little drama)! It was fun to have all the cousins together, I just wish we would have had more time just to chill together at the hotel.Abby got her own seat on the airplane.
Our beautiful view at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel!
Dad that's my hat!
Stu and I on the Pony Express Roller coaster at Knott's.
Stu, Jeffrey, Gregory and Michael on one of the roller coasters at Knott's.
Abby loved her new Snoopy Dog she got at Knott's.
The best part of the whole trip according to Abby. Her Red balloon!
Abby and I on Main Street in Disneyland.
The crew on Storybook Land.
I just love this face.
I can drive this myself.
Our Family on the Buzz Lightyear ride.
Abby and Daddy in California Adventure.
Abby and Mommy on the Carousel in California Adventure.
Abby loved coming back to the hotel and just rolling around on the bed.
Abby after the Easter egg hunt!
Our first rental car!
The Whole Family!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Fun! Your nieces and nephews look so old! I remember when we were in high school they were just little and I guess they grew up:)Where does the times go?

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! I have never been to Knotts berry farm. I want to go!!