Monday, August 17, 2009

Lake Powell

This past week we went down to Lake Powell with Stu's family. The fam got down there on Sunday, we didn't go down until Wednesday, so we could make it to my cousin's wedding. We had a wonderful time. Even if the ski boat broke down the day after we got there. Thank goodness for nice people. Our neighboring house boat took us late comers out on their boat, so Stu would get a chance to ski and wake board. They also let us borrow their wave runner for a day and the kids loved it. The weather was perfect the whole time we were there. Abby loved it down there. She loved not having to have a blanket on her all the time and she loved the ski boat.
Abby and I on the way to the houseboat. Gotta love the life jacket that is bigger than she is!

Sexy Stu

Abby talking with mommy!

Powell family photo. We tie dyed these shirts before we left.

All the grand kids and Grandma and Grandpa in their tie dyed shirts.

Our Cute little Abby!

Abby loved the Ski boat! She fell right to sleep, the best part was, the life jacket held her pacifier
in.

The girls sleeping. That sun wears you out.


What I felt like I did the entire time we were there... Breastfeeding on the couch with Chame' Stu's sister.

Abby and her cousin Ben who is 10 days older than her.

Stu and Blair cliff jumping.

Stu and Blair tubing

The cousins again! Abby looks cosy, Ben doesn't look so happy.

Abby in her Swimsuit!


Stu and I kayaking

Stu and the boys swimming the boat to the dock. Don't worry that no one offered to tow them in, they all just drove around them and watched. One guy even told Jon who was in the boat that he needed to have a flag up if there were swimmers in the water, then drove off down to the dock.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! I love the tie dye shirts! And Abby in her life jacket! Ha ha! What a good little baby to survive Lake Powell.

Karen said...

I can't believe you took her to Powell! You are one brave momma!!! And sorry about the boat. I think boat problems are the very worst.

Unknown said...

I love to see that your family and my family both tie dye at Lake Powell! Love the tiny little life jacket on your even tiny-er little girl. She's beautiful!

The Calder's said...

WOW I am amazed you did powell already!! You Both look fab!! Seriously!!

blair and maisy said...

It was fun to hang out with y'all.

Becky said...

Cute suit on Abby! And great pictures. I see similarities between Abby and her cousin.