Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. It was a nice day, but Anniversaries are definitely not the same once you have a kid. We started off the day at the pediatrician. Abby now weighs 9 lbs 11 oz and is 23 1/2 in long. They made her so mad, by pricking her little heal. ) : Poor little foot.

Then we spent the afternoon lounging around with Abers.

Our cute little monkey!

Off to the Cheesecake Factory for a romantic dinner full of surprises...


Like this surprise - During dinner Abby woke up screaming I tried to calm her with her binky but that didn't work so I pulled her out of her car seat, put her head on my chest to try and comfort her and she totally pukes down me shirt. Mmmm... nice warm liquid run down my cleavage. This was the second time she did this today. If you notice I started the day in a blue striped shirt.

Our dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - Yummy!

Then the final surprise of the evening, don't worry that this was the second blow of the day. The first was all over me, this one got the car seat.

11 comments:

Karen said...

I haven't had puke down the shirt...but LOTS of blowouts! SO glad that phase is pretty much over! :) Congrats on 3 years! We will spend our first anniversary this year with a child, but we'll probably have a babysitter so we can at least do dinner! She sure is cute! I still need to come down and see you two.

Jess said...

Hahaha!! Oh the good ole days! Liv was a pucker ... so I had puke down me ALL day for 6 months ... no fun!

vickersfam said...

oh, the fun and enormous messes such teeny tiny things can make! Don't worry, the blowouts and spit up will end eventually. I've almost forgotten about those times, so it must be temporary. :) Then they get older and decide to create different kinds of messes.
Congratulations on Abigail. I'm very happy for you guys!

Jodi said...

That is funny, Happy anniversary!

Nicole said...

Oh I'm sorry! That is no fun! No one tells you that moms go through several outfits too, right?!

But I'm sure cheesecake was gooood!!

Holly said...

Looks like motherhood is treating you well. Ha ha...she's adorable! Happy Anniversary! Three years already?! Flew by for us. Hope all is well!!

Lynsee said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how big they get so fast so enjoy this time even if she is blowing out 3x's a day! We just had our anniversary and I agree...it is definitely different with kids. I'm so glad everything went well and you have a beautiful little girl!

Meg said...

That sounds so romantic for you two!

Texas Birds said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so glad you found us! We had no idea you had a daughter- Congrats! We're excited to keep tabs on you guys!

P.S. Your daughter is beautiful!!

The Calder's said...

Haha it is a good thing they are so cute!!!

Becky said...

Ha! Sorry for laughing. It's not so funny when you're the victim. I remember washing/changing my clothes as much as Colt's when he was a newborn.