She loves music and to sing, she can sing- Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Up, Up in the Sky and she sings along to a lot of other songs. Right now her favorite songs are Pop Goes the Weasel (we listen to it over and over in the car), We're Following the Leader, The Hukilau Song, The Tiki Room, Up on the House Top, Families Can Be Together Forever. Stu and I sing these particular songs A LOT! Funny little tid bit, Abby and I got in the car the other day and there was an ad on the radio for the Mormon Tab Choir and Abby said, "mommy Jesus music." It made me laugh.
She has quite the imagination. A couple of weeks ago I walked upstairs into the big play room and she had taken all of the little chairs and put them in a row, then put stuffed animals on the chairs and said when I walked in the door airplane, flying to the moon. Then told me to sit down in the front, I was the pilot. She amazes me what she thinks of sometimes.
Whenever there is music, Abby is dancing. I have taught her a couple of ballet steps, Plie', Releve', and Arebesque. It is pretty cute when she does them. She has been to a couple of her cousins dance concerts (or dancerts as she calls them) lately and she just sits and watches and doesn't like to be interrupted. I told her she was going to start dance and she would be in a dance concert at Christmas time and her response was... Ho, Ho Abby. Okay, whatever!
She in not as good of an eater as she used to be unless it is junk food. She can have milk products though she will not drink milk unless it is Pink milk (strawberry flavored) so she is still drinking Almond milk. Now she loves Mac and Cheese, yogurt pops are a new favorite and we just started giving her Ice cream cones and boy does she love those, especially the cone. She is slowing down on her baby food consumption, which means she is slowing down on her veggie consumption. I think spaghetti is her favorite food right now, she still likes canned green beans, cheese, beans and rice, cereal and milk, oatmeal... the other day she ate four packs of instant oatmeal for breakfast, chicken, pizza, frozen corn, corn on the cob, sometimes PB and J, apple sauce, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, chips of all kinds. She is definitely becoming more picky. She is pretty good and trying things (just try as she always says) and then she spits them out and says "I yike it." Which means she doesn't like it.
She is becoming a two year old. The tantrums have started. She likes to tell us what to do. She keeps us on our toes, but we love her to pieces. I can't imagine life without her. I look forward to seeing her every morning (and putting her to bed every night!). I love my little snuggle bug.
One more funny story, last night I was checking my email upstairs and she was stacking blocks (one of her favorite things to do) downstairs and I hear her yell, "mommy," I yelled I'm upstairs and she came upstairs with her bucket full of Nilla Wafers. I just thought to myself where did she get those, since we were the only ones home. I just took the bucket from her and distracted her with something to color (another one of her favorite things to do right now) and didn't think anything more of it. Later that evening I was cleaning up and walked into the pantry because the light was on and found that the drawer that the Nilla Wafer bag was in was left open and there were open cracker boxes on the floor. Abby had gone into the pantry, climbed up the step ladder, and gotten the Nilla Wafers out. That was a pretty big task for a little someone. I wish I could have seen how she did it.



2 comments:
She is so smart! I miss you! Let's get together and play!
She sounds like a ton of fun and quite the character! It also sounds like she keeps you busy. ;)
Post a Comment