Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Caught em'

At 4:30 this morning we got a phone call from the Utah Highway Patrol asking if our car was still stolen, and of course Mark said yes then they call again at 5:30 am and said that the car was towed to Springville and that they arrested the two people that stole it. We are so happy they are behind bars!!! So we got are Suby back, but they had trashed the inside. They were smoking a crack pipe so it reeks inside, they put out their cigarettes on the back seat and burned it, they slashed three of the seat belts, cut our moon roof cover and bent it (it looks like they punched it). There where little cuts in the dashboard and center console and small chips in the paint all over the outside of the car. It is absolutely disgusting, stains, wrappers and stuff spilled everywhere. The way they were caught was they cut someone off down by Springville and hit them so the people in the other car call the cops. So the back bumper needs some work done to it also. Our poor Subaru that we have had for 11 months that didn't even have a door ding. Why are people so inconsiderate and stupid. Well, at least we got it back, hopefully they can and will fix everything and that they can get the smell out. There was no baby stuff in it, thank goodness, I wouldn't want it after that, I want all new. There were some nice golf clubs that were not ours, a camera, that may be ours that they used to take pictures of the girl behind the wheel of our stolen car (smart), and an ipod that they claim was the third persons, that some how got away, but I think it might be mine by the way the officer described it. Everything else is gone. There was also a curling iron, a check and a note written to an inmate with very poor grammar. Sounds like they were quite the couple. The girl that they arrested is the same girl they got on the security tapes using LaFaunda's credit card at Target. She is really busted! Thanks to everyone who was looking out for our car!

8 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad they caught them. I'm sorry about the shape your car is in; hopefully it will all be fixed like new! Wasn't your carseat in there?

Christine said...

Oh I am so glad, but so sorry about the car. Hope you can get it fixed like new.

Brooke said...

They NEVER catch the bad guys! Your lucky you got dumb ones! I hope they can fix everything for you

Brooke said...

They never catch the bad guys! I hope they can fix everything for you!

Megan said...

So glad they caught them! What a bummer though....people can be so awful. Hopefully they can fix it all up.

Nicole said...

That is so awful! Glad that they found the car and the people!! Crazy. I hope your insurance takes care of everything. My uncle works for state farm, so call me if you need to talk to him!!!

Meg said...

I can't believe it! People these days....are so DUMB! Sorry this happened! It makes me so mad!

Lindsey and Evan said...

I can't believe your house got broken into and car stolen! That is nuts. I am glad that no one was hurt and that you got your car back! WOW! on a side note, it sure would be fun to see you sometime! We should get together for a play date!