Friday, July 11, 2008

My Favorite Place...Washington D.C.

Stu and I in the Capital Rotunda
The National Archives

My Dad, me, Stu and Stu's Dad in front on Union Station.

The Library of Congress

The Supreme Court Building

Arlington National Cemetery

My Mom and Dad and us all wet after the down poor in Arlington Cemetery.

The Lincoln Memorial

The crew at Mount Vernon

Washington's Grave at Mount Vernon

My mom and I with Pocahontas in Jamestown.

Me and the Clydesdale

The Capital Building in historic Williamsburg

The week after Stu got home from China we left for Washington D.C. We had such a great time. We went with my parents and Stu's parents. That is the way to travel! The first day we were there we went on a tour of the U.S. Capital. It was beautiful. Even though I have been to D.C. a few times and lived there I had never been on a tour of the capital. That same day we went to the Library of Congress, another place I had never been. It is amazing! I won't bore you with our day by day itinerary, we went to all the monuments, the White House, we went to the International Spy Museum, the Smithsonian, National Archives, all the touristy things. We also took a day trip to Mount Vernon. That was my favorite part of the trip. I love learning more about George Washington. Then we drove down to Williamsburg, Virginia. On our way down we stopped in Annapolis, Maryland to see the Naval Academy and the cute little town. In Williamsburg we did a candle light ghost tour, saw Historic Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. We loved learning all the history, but we did need a break from it, so we went to Busch Gardens. Stu and his dad went on all the roller coasters while the rest of us went on the little rides, saw some of the shows and wondered through the shops. I did get to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. They were huge! To please my Navy dad we did drive to Norfolk, Virginia to see the Naval Base. The boys got to go on a tour of a real life aircraft carrier. That was Stu's Favorite. We had such a wonderful time. It was so fun to go back to my favorite place on earth!

2 comments:

Becky said...

COOL trip. Love the pics.

The Preece Family said...

What? I'm so sad you went all the way out there right after we MOVED!! Oh well -- we'll get together in SL now that I'm here! :)