Lately Abby has been saying that she is scared of the dark and waking up in the middle of the night. I'm sick of getting a crappy night sleep so I asked if anyone on Facebook had any ideas to help us with this. A bunch of people said that they pray with their kids. Well I used to pray with Abby before bed but it was a fight every night and she would just yell at me and say She doesn't want to pray she wants Heavenly Father the be sad. After awhile I just got sick if fighting her so I just stopped. But last night I decided to try again. We prayed together and we prayed that Abby would be safe while she slept and that Heavenly Father would watch over and protect her while she slept. That she would get good sleep and have happy dreams. After we were done praying She says to me, "How will Heavenly Father protect me? Where is he?" I explains that he is in heaven and that he is always watching over and protecting us. She said, "Heavenly Father doesn't protect me you do." I said we both do. Abby: "How can He protect me if he is not here? So when you are not home Heavenly Father comes here?" Me: " No, he is always in Heaven watching over us."
How do you explain faith to a three year old? She did learn something though... At breakfast she prayed and said,"Please bless that Jesus will protect me when I sleep." At least she got something out of the whole discussion.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment