.
Instituto Ricardo Brennand was an art and historical museum in a huge castle. I was really neat.
Stu and I have both wanted to go to Brazil and we figured with a baby on the way now is the best time. We left the first week in January. It was so nice to get out of the cold. I was really worried about flying and being prego and sick but I did okay. The second leg of our flight I got a little sick, but it was from the man sitting by us with the nasty cologne. I kind of fell apart, tired, sick and prego not a good combination. Luckily the plane was empty and we were able to spread out and lay down. Once we arrived we made our way to the hotel. We stayed at the Blue Tree Tower. It was a nice little hotel. I was very disappointed when we got there (culture shock). The pool at the hotel was tiny, the beach was dirty and I am use to resorts and places like Hawaii. I was also overly tired and once again prego! Stu and I went up to our hotel room and took a little rest and when I woke up life was a lot better. We ended up having a wonderful time even with my rocky start. It was so nice just to go on a trip just the two of us. We spent a lot of time at the beach, once we got down closer to the water there wasn't as much trash. We did a lot of sight seeing. One of our first nights there we were at our hotel waiting for a taxi and when we got in the cab the cab driver was a member of the church. He only spoke Portuguese so I could not understand him but he and Stu had a great time chatting. He took us all over. He took us to the Recife Temple, recommended a couple of really nice beaches and drove us to one of them (we took a tour to the other one). He was always waiting outside our hotel just in case we needed to go any where. He even gave us his personal cell phone number when ever he would drop us off someplace, the mall or in the city, so that when we were ready to go home we could call and he could take us home. On Sunday he picked us up and took us to church with him and his family. I was bored stiff because I couldn't understand a thing, but Stu enjoyed it. Our favorite place was a little town called Porto de Galinhas translated Chicken port. It had fun little shops and a gorgeous beach. We decided if we go there again we are going to stay there. We went to another beach called Calhetas whose translation means little cove. It was beautiful and warm and the cove was shaped like a heart. I loved the warm clear water. I am a wuss when it comes to swimming in cold water. We ate at all kinds of fun little restaurants. I was not a fan of Brazilian food, but Stu loved it. I was all about Pizza Hut. One food I did love there was the guava. They had guava everything, even McDonald's had guava sundays. They really need those here. Our hotel included a free breakfast every morning they had a lot of strange things, but they always had these guava pastries that were delicious. It was so fun to hear Stu speaking Portuguese. NO ONE spoke English there so thank goodness Stu could speak Portuguese. He speaks beautifully! We had a wonderful time! We spent time at the mall (it was huge), wondering the streets, shopping in the supermarkets (we loved buying the Brazilian cookies), chilling in our hotel room and best of all spending time together.



No comments:
Post a Comment